News items (which are called Posts in our theme) are appropriate for any time-sensitive content that is not an upcoming event. They appear in reverse chronological order on the Sangha News page.
To create a new Post use the “+New” menu on the top menu bar that appears at the top of the screen when you are logged in, or use the “Posts|Add New” menu from the sidebar on any admin page.
To edit an existing Post click the Edit button on the Post page.
If you can’t get to the page, go directly to the site admin dashboard at https://bffct.org/bff/wp-admin/, or use “<site name>|Edit Site” on the top menu bar if you are already logged in. Then select “Posts|All Posts” on the sidebar, find the Post using the Search function if necessary, and click “Edit.”
At a minimum you just need to enter the title and some text and press the “Publish” button on the upper right.
However for readability and to help search engines find the site you should also do the following:
- Select a category in the Categories box.
- Enter a tag in the Tags box. This is a single word or short phrase that gives the topic of the post.
- Use “Set Featured Image” to associate an image with the post.
- Keep the post short and to the point. If you want to talk about multiple things, create multiple posts.
- If the post is more than 2 paragraphs long, use the “More” button to insert a “Read More” tag after the second paragraph.