In order to add content you must have an account on the site.
Getting an account is easy.
- Look for the “Site Management” box on the main page and click “Register”.
- You will be prompted to enter a user name and your email address. The user name should be easy for you to type in but not too easy to guess, something like “jsmith27”.
- To ensure that the email address is valid the site will send you an email message containing a hyperlink that you must click to activate the account.
- When you click on the link the system will display a welcome message which includes your password.
- Write the password down. If you forget it you can use the “Lost your password?” link on the login screen to reset it.
Personalize your account:
- Go to your profile page at https://bffct.org/bff/wp-admin/profile.php.
- Enter your first name and last name. These will be displayed with any content that you create.
- The last name is optional. If you have a dharma name you might put that in parentheses so that your name would appear as something like “John (Bompu)”.
- Optionally enter some biographical information so people will know who you are.
- Optionally enter the URL of your web site.
Get permission to post. By default you will only have permission to comment on other people’s posts. To create your own posts, send an email message to email@example.com requesting the level of access that you need.
- Subscriber (default). Can only comment on existing posts.
- Contributor. Can create new posts, but they will not be visible until an Editor approves them.
- Author. Can create new posts which will be visible immediately.
- Editor. Can approve posts and edit posts created by other people.
- Administrator. Can change the appearance and layout of the site (and can also break the site if you don’t know what you are doing.)
To create posts you should log in from the “Site Management” box on the front page. Then you can use the “+New” menu on the top menu bar to create new content, or use the “<site name>|Edit Site” menu to edit old content.
A slightly faster approach might be to go directly to the site admin dashboard at https://bffct.org/bff/wp-admin/. If you are not already logged in this will prompt you to do so.