“One day Ananda, who had been thinking deeply about things for a while, turned to the Buddha and exclaimed: “Lord, I’ve been thinking- spiritual friendship is at least half of the spiritual life!” The Buddha replied: “Say not so, Ananda, say not so. Spiritual friendship is the whole of the spiritual life!”
— Samyutta Nikaya, Verse 2
Become part of our dynamic movement of spiritual pioneers expanding the boundaries of contemporary Buddhism that meets the spiritual needs of our generation and culture. We need your financial support to help cover our operating expenses so that we can keep sharing the Buddha’s teachings in Connecticut and to continue the growth the BFF of CT’s affiliated community, the North American Shin Buddhist Association (NASBA), throughout our continent and beyond. Join us and become a Supporting Member and collaborate with our innovative American-based Buddhist community.
Based on your financial situation, we offer seven supporting membership categories to choose from plus we two business sponsorship levels.
- Basic Sustaining
- White Path Supporter
- Patron of the Dharma
- Business/Corporate Sponsor
- Business/Corporate Major Sponsor
Benefits of Supporting Memberships
By becoming a Buddhist Faith Fellowship (BFF) and North American Shin Buddhist Association (NASBA) supporting member, you will join many others throughout the USA and Canada who aspire to support the important and necessary work of our fellowship that is deepening and extending the Buddha Dharma throughout North America. You do not even need to be a Buddhist to join. As a Supporting Member, you will receive:
- Discounts on BFF retreats.
- Discounts on BFF courses.
- Discounts on BFF workshops.
- A tax deduction since the BFF is a tax exempt organization, under section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS code.
- Satisfaction that you are helping to further the Buddha’s teachings of compassion and wisdom throughout Connecticut and the continent.
In addition, your Supporting Membership will benefit our organization and its members by:
- Supporting the many activities and unique programs of the BFF which is the headquarters of the North American Shin Buddhist Association (NASBA).
- Providing funds for BFF/NASBA’s local and national advertising, and outreach activities.
- Offering funds to purchase essential meditation and religious supplies for our community.
- Enabling the BFF to reduce the cost of programs, courses, workshops, and retreats, so that regardless of means, all those interested in participating in our activities will have the opportunities to do so.
- Giving funds to our scholarship program for continued Buddhist education for those of less means and for our dharma teachers.
- Helping to create new NASBA affiliated chapters throughout the world and offer them resources like books, CDs, scrolls, and other necessary religious supplies.
- Supporting our NASBA affiliated chapters by providing a pool of funds to pay for local and national advertising.
- Providing support to our community programs such as the 12 Step and Buddhist Family Practice, so it can continue their essential work in sharing their message and transforming lives.
- Maintaining an American based organization that continues the good work of compassion and well-being for all sentient beings in this confused and suffering world.
2 Ways to Donate
First of all, you may donate online through the safe and secured PayPal. You may conveniently donate online by:
- Donating through our 12 month automated withdrawal subscription via credit card or checking account.
- Donating the entire amount.
By donating on a 12 month automated withdrawal subscription via PayPal, you can divide up your pledges throughout the year, thereby, not feeling any financial burden and freeing up your own resources and personal time. Visit our Online Membership Enrollment web page to subscribe.
You may fill out the Membership Form (Click here) and donate the entire amount by using a personal check; then return it to us during a Sunday morning gathering or simply send it by post mail if you live outside the Hartford or Middletown area or state. You may divide your donation in 3 pledges; see form. The BFF is a tax exempt organization, under section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS code. This means that donations are tax deductible.
Become a Supporting Member
Whether you are from Connecticut or reside out-of-state, we greatly appreciate your financial support to keep bringing the Buddha teachings throughout Connecticut and the rest of North America.
The minimum Basic Membership is equal to 39 cents a day or $144 per year. These days, for the price of candy bar, you can support Buddhism in America. Look at the following Supporting Membership categories and subscribe to the one that best suits your financial situation. Visit our Online Membership Enrollment or Membership Form web pages to learn more and subscribe.
The BFF is a tax exempt organization, under section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS code. This means that donations are tax deductible.
“By giving one unites friends.”
— The Buddha