We have to move our regularly scheduled 2nd Wednesday of the month meeting to Oct 2nd because another group had already reserved the 7 .m. time slot on the 2nd Wednesday of October.
At this meeting we will be covering chapters 4 and 5 of “A Guide to the Good Life” and try to implement the practices in your daily life.
Also, consider taking our upcoming Buddhism 1.0 Course: Eight Steps to Happiness starting on October 13th. To learn more and register, visit https://bffct.org/bff/
- Normally on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month BUT NOT THIS WEEK.
- Time: 6 – 7 p.m. (5:45 – 6 pm – informal introductions)
- Location: That Book Store, 446 Silas Deane Highway, Wethersfield, CT
- Current book: A Guide to the Good Life by William Irvine
- Pre-requisites: Open to the public; no Stoic or Buddhist knowledge is necessary.
- Cost: $1
The Stoa Buddhist Philosophy Group offers a non-academic book discussion format where those interested in both Stoicism and Buddhism can come together and learn from the text being read and from each other through the guidance of a Stoic practitioner who is also an experienced Buddhist teacher. Our approach is to learn about the art of living and to strive toward the unfolding of our human potential for inner happiness, flourishing, and enlightenment.
TO LEARN MORE, visit the Stoa Buddhist Philosophy Group web site HERE.