Tuesdays, 7 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Silk Road Health
39 New London Turnpike, Glen Lochen #206
Beginners as well as seasoned practitioners from all traditions are welcome to participate in our non-sectarian meditation circle.
Join Dharma Teacher Melissa Lewis RN, BSN on Tuesday evenings for a variety of meditation techniques and basic instruction. The meeting will close with a metta (loving kindness) practice and an opportunity for Q&A.
There is no charge to participate but a donation to support this community service will be gratefully accepted.
To see the schedule and to join the Meditation Circle’s Meet-up group visit here.
What Are The Benefits of Meditation?
Recent scientific findings about meditation practice’s efficacy include the following.
- Improved physical and emotional well-being
- Decrease in symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Deal with relationship conflicts better
- Have a happier life and better relationships
- Increase in sleep quality
- Become satisfied with your self, body and less preoccupied with weight
- Helpful in reducing daily stresses