Coconut Rice Bars
By popular demand – the Coconut Rice Bar recipe!
- 1 1/4 cups basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can Goya coconut milk (full fat)
- Combine rice, water, dates, and salt in pan and bring to boil
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes on low until water is absorbed
- Add coconut milk and bring back to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring frequently
- Press firmly into 9 x 9 pan and let cool. Cut into squares of desired size and enjoy!