Give a Gift of Dharma and Peace
As 2016 comes to a close, we look back over the year and are truly inspired by what the Buddhist Faith Fellowship of Connecticut has accomplished. We offered:
- 4 Sunday workshops/retreats
- 2 weekend partnered workshop/retreats
- 2 field trips to Chuang Ten Monastery, NY
- 2 Sangha picnic events in Cromwell
- 3 Buddhist courses
- Weekly non-sectarian meditation practice with Melissa
- Bimonthly Body Mind Practice with Melissa
- Bimonthly Practice & Talk Meetings with Senpai
- Weekly Buddhist Family Practice with Jay. Rich & Jessica
- Weekly 12 Step Buddhist meetings with Chris
- Help Haiti Fundraiser
- We completed 16 years of being an active Buddhist fellowship
All of these activities have happened because of YOU. As a spiritual community we have worked together and, as a result, have been able to offer meditation and mindfulness practices and a practical and relevant Buddhism to more and more people in Connecticut. Your support came in a variety of ways: Practicing the Buddhist teachings, participating in our various spiritual programs, making financial contributions, volunteering time, spreading the word about what is happening here and doing many more things. For all of these generous acts that you do in the midst of your busy daily life, and for those we are not witness to, we thank you so very much.
A Special Thanks
We would like to give a special thanks to Bob, Melissa, Glenn, Jay, Rich, Jonathan, Jessica, Chris, Beth, and Wesleyan University for their invaluable assistance in 2016.
As we look ahead to 2017, our main goals are to:
- Provide various modules for the new Buddhism 1.0 Course with Senpai as the instructor
- Offer practical spiritual & psychological tools for everyday living during our Practice & Talks,
- Advance a relevant philosophy of life based on the Buddha’s teachings during our Practice & Talk
- Offer new field trips to Buddhist monasteries out of state
- Continue to create a sense of community after Practice & Talks and through social events
- Continue to provide non-sectarian meditation practice on a regular basis
Through your continued participation and financial generosity, we can certainly accomplish these goals!
As the “Season of Giving” is now upon us, will you consider making a gift of a year-end donation to continue your support of BFF of CT?
Every amount helps and creates so much positive karma. All donations are 100% tax-deductible. For a 2016 tax receipt, please make your donation by December 31st.
How to Donate:
- On our website: Click here to make a donation.
- Become a Member: Click below to Become a Supporting Member.
- By mail: Mail your donation to Buddhist Faith Fellowship, 46 Churchill Road, Wethersfield, CT 06109
- In person: By check and cash starting January 22, 2017 in Middletown.
Again, thank you so much for your support and for being a part of the Buddhist Faith Fellowship. We wish you much happiness, joy and health for this coming New Year!
In gratitude, The Board of Directors of the BFF of CT, Inc.